Jacqui's Reviews > Geology Underfoot in Southern California (Yes, Geology Underfoot)

Geology Underfoot in Southern California (Yes, Geology Underf... by Robert P. Sharp

Dec 30, 2009

bookshelves: early-man, science

Very readable book, despite the complexity of the topic. Not as simplified as McPhee, but fascinating enough I got through the science. My particular interest was where the little slip of California that is Pacific Plate came from--Central America? Some ocean island? I found lots of hints in this book, though as with everything that is pre-historic, it's impossible to say for sure. Overall, if you read this book because of an interest in geology, you'll enjoy the ride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Geology Underfoot in Southern California (Yes, Geology Underfoot).

Jacqui Very readable book, despite the complexity of the topic. Not as simplified as McPhee, but fascinating enough I got through the science.