Brandi Rae's Reviews > Zach's Lie

Zach's Lie by Roland Smith

Jun 23, 09

bookshelves: young-adult-fiction, mystery, thriller
Read in June, 2009

Jack Osbourne has always lived a normal, suburban life with his parents and sister. Until the night he is woken up in the middle of the night by men who threaten to kill him, his mother and his sister if they don't do exactly what they say. That was the night that changed everything. The night his father was arrested for drug trafficking, forcing he, his mother and sister into the Witness Protection Program. The night he became Zach Granger.

The Grangers live in a tiny town in Nevada's Ruby Mountain, where everyone knows everything about everybody. Zach and his sister "Wanda" have made new friends, and their mother is on her way to opening a bookstore right in the center of town. Things are finally starting to look up. Will Zach's family be safe here in their new haven, or is it just a matter of time before the danger from their past catches up to them?

Zach's Lie is a great suspense thriller, perfect for fans of Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series; I can't wait to read the sequel, Jack's Run.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zach's Lie.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin I just had a student ask me for this book today! She is going into 7th grade, if I recall correctly. Unfortunately I did not have it in my collection!