Lily's Reviews > Bent

Bent by Sean Michael

Aug 09, 09

bookshelves: ebook, m-m, series, bdsm-kinks-master-sub, what-i-read-in-2009
Read in July, 2009, read count: 1

This first book in Sean Michael's Hammer series features Marcus, a leather worker heavily involved in the BDSM lifestyle and Jim, a former professor who's been through some bad times and is having problems dealing with his life. When they meet for the first time in a bookstore Marcus is both appalled at Jim's rudeness and also instantly drawn to him. Marcus is sure Jim is a natural submissive and he'd love to take him home and spank the rudeness right out of him.

Some people might think Marcus was crazy --Jim had been pretty clear that he wasn't interested. But Marcus listened to more than just what people said with their mouths. Jim needed someone in his life to take charge. Marcus knew it like he knew how to breathe -he just did. He'd learned to trust his gut implicitly.

Jim has never been into the lifestyle and in fact knows very little about it. His view of life is that a real man is always in control and he is shocked at the things Marcus tells him. Jim is sure that's not for him but once he starts letting Marcus into his life he will have a difficult time reconciling that view with the submissiveness that Marcus starts to bring out in him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bent.

Laini This series looks interesting. I'll have to add to my list!
great review

Lily Thanks Shelaine :)

It is an awesome series!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review! I agree---the series is awesome!

Lily Thanks Eyre :)

Moderatrix Lori Just started this today. Great review Lily.

Lily Lori wrote: "Just started this today. Great review Lily."

Thanks, Lori :)
Hope you like the story!

Moderatrix Lori I did really like it. I found Jim annoying sometimes but then that's the way he was written and was intended to be. Looking forward to the other books in the series.

Lily Lori wrote: "I did really like it. I found Jim annoying sometimes but then that's the way he was written and was intended to be. Looking forward to the other books in the series."

I'm glad you liked the book. Hope you enjoy the rest of the series as well.