Ebony's Reviews > The First Lady

The First Lady by Carl Weber

Jun 22, 09

Read in May, 2009

I didn't like this book at all. I only read it all the way through because I was in the ER all night with a family member and there was nothing to do but read. The book was incredibly unrealistic! I regret that this was the first book by Carl Weber that I've ever read because now I'm not sure I want to read anything else by him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Lady.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ta (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ta Thats too bad. After reading it I am reading Preacher's son -the first of the series. Eventhough it is fiction I really hope that church folk don't act like that- but who knows.

Ebony Ta wrote: "Thats too bad. After reading it I am reading Preacher's son -the first of the series. Eventhough it is fiction I really hope that church folk don't act like that- but who knows."

There are crazy people everywhere, even in the church. Ha! But, I was more commenting on how unrealistic and over the top the book was. Sure there are people who act like that but I think he upped the ante and made it unbelievable. I MAY try to read another one of his books someday but The First Lady was just NOT okay.

Either way ... HAPPY READING! =)

message 3: by Ta (last edited Aug 29, 2011 08:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ta I am also reading the Preacher's son. I was tripping out on Preacher's Wife too.

Something on the side and Big Girls do Cry were very good reads. You may feel some of it is over the top but in my life I have learned the truth is often the most difficult to believe.