Mike's Reviews > Triple

Triple by Ken Follett

M 50x66
Jun 21, 09

This is a fun, 'spy' based novel. Although the main character is a spy, he spends the majority of the book pulling off a mission. But there are two other spy characters that get involved, giving the book it's name (I think...).

Early in the book, the main character is tasked with stealing a huge amount of Uranium for Israel. However, Follett does an excellent job of presenting the story in a political free manner... somehow. If anything, he comes across as Israel neutral, which is quite the accomplishment for a book where you are engaged in rooting for the main character to acquire critical materials for Israel's nuclear bomb program. (While officially, Israel may or may not have 'the bomb', they also don't deny having it).

Thankfully, this book avoids the politics, and simply presents the story. Very loosely based upon real life event(s), this is clearly a novel. But, knowing that Israel did somehow procure this material, it may not be as far fetched as you might initially think. Overall, an excellent read, and good spy vs spy action.

(side note: my previously read book was Cat's Cradle, an anti atomic bomb story. I assure you, this is a coincidence!)
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Triple.