Vida's Reviews > Night World, No. 2

Night World, No. 2 by L.J. Smith

Jun 27, 09

Read in June, 2009

Same as the first one, I'm giving this three stars, though if Goodreads allowed half-star ratings, this would have been 3 and a half stars, just because I liked this compilation better than the first volume. The first book (Dark Angel) gets 2 stars because of the maudlin dialogue but the latter stories (The Chosen, Soulmate) get 3 stars each; Soulmate because of sentimental value I suppose (this was the first Night World book I read) and the characters were good looking AND more kickass than many of the previous characters. Soulmate, despite its cheesy title, also gets a 3-star rating because there was more suspense and the vampire in this story actually seemed like he could have been centuries-old but trapped in a teenager's body. I think the biggest flaw of most YA vampire novels (not that I've read a lot) is that the vampires who've lived for ages but look like teenagers still act like teenagers--no adult desires or wisdom or sense of responsibility. You'd think living over a hundred years would give them enough sense to steer clear of clueless, overly dramatic adolescents. But apparently not.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night World, No. 2.