Vida's Reviews > Night World, No. 2

Night World, No. 2 by L.J. Smith

Jun 27, 09

Read in June, 2009

Same as the first one, I'm giving this three stars, though if Goodreads allowed half-star ratings, this would have been 3 and a half stars, just because I liked this compilation better than the first volume. The first book (Dark Angel) gets 2 stars because of the maudlin dialogue but the latter stories (The Chosen, Soulmate) get 3 stars each; Soulmate because of sentimental value I suppose (this was the first Night World book I read) and the characters were good looking AND more kickass than many of the previous characters. Soulmate, despite its cheesy title, also gets a 3-star rating because there was more suspense and the vampire in this story actually seemed like he could have been centuries-old but trapped in a teenager's body. I think the biggest flaw of most YA vampire novels (not that I've read a lot) is that the vampires who've lived for ages but look like teenagers still act like teenagers--no adult desires or wisdom or sense of responsibility. You'd think living over a hundred years would give them enough sense to steer clear of clueless, overly dramatic adolescents. But apparently not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night World, No. 2.