Amie's Reviews > As Long As I Have You

As Long As I Have You by Dean Hughes

Jun 01, 2010

Read from May 29 to June 01, 2010

Oooh I really want to give this 3.5 stars, but clicking on that 3rd star seems too harsh. I definitely didn't like it as much as the others for this main reason: this book happens after WWII is over and details all the reunions <---- which are WONDERFUL and each brought me to tears. But after all of the reuniting is done and over seems that there is just 100-200 pages of filler with very little plot. The first four books were full of plot development and struggle in the various branches of the military, year after year of the war and The Duration back home in the states, so there was plenty to write about.

So even though I love the series and love the first half of this book, the last half was kind of boring. I understand the next generation is written about in a series all on its own, so that will be interesting to pick up. I definitely recommend the series; very well written and taught me a lot about WWII.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As Long As I Have You.