Adrienne's Reviews > Ask For It

2087365
Aug 28, 09

bookshelves: library-loan
Read in August, 2009

I was in a quandry about how to rate this one 4 stars seems too low but 5 too high, so it's a 4 1/2 really!

This story for me was an interesting read, a simple plot of intrigue, treason and blackmail with enough twists to surprise, that come when you least expect them and are very believable. The plot is not laid out to you on a plate so you find yourself knowing as much or a little as the hero and heroine, it's reads a little like a *who dunnit* and when you do find out who the instigator of the intrigue is it does come as a surprise. So no faults there.

The story between Marcus (Darkly handsome, ex-fiance of the Heroine, and spy) and Elizabth (beautiful, widdow of Marcus' friend (whom she married after breaking up with Marcus following a percieved indiscretion)), is intense and deep. When Marcus and Elizabeth meet again after 4 years apart their intense sexual attraction to each other is spontainious, it's as tho' they've never been apart. Elizabeth sees this a pure lust, her emotions also fighting the fact that she feels Marcus is using their intense sexual attraction as revenge for leaving him and marrying someone else. Marcus burns for Elizabeth every time he sees her and sometimes this intense emotion turns to anger. Elizabeth and Marcus argue, they sleep apart from each other in an attempt to quell their insatiable desire for each other, but always come back to one another. They end up marrying still viewing their relationship as lust, then at some point their view changes and they accept their relationship,and each other for what it is, and when this happens the penny drops that they actually do love each other.

So why did I think about giving this 4 stars? well for me sometimes the story read a little slow, but having said that as soon as I felt like this something came along and pulled me back in, so I couldn't decide whether I was loosing interest or if that is this authors style.

Anyway all in all an enjoyable Erotic 'Regency' Romance. With a very plausible story. Recommended for anyone and everyone who like this sort of thing:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ask For It.

08/23/2009 page 15
08/24/2009 page 83
25.94% "ummmm Marcus is hot yumminess!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by new_user (new)

new_user Hey, would you consider this erotica? How's the writing style?

message 2: by Adrienne (last edited Aug 25, 2009 02:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adrienne NU There's a good storyline, with an interesting plot.
The relationship between Marcus and Elizabeth is very very passionate,Marcus is besotted with Elizabeth and the emotions are returned but she doesn't know which way she should react to these feelings, their story is how they deal with the over powering desire they have for each other. For me this is more erotic romance, the sexual relationship is within context of the story and is exclusive to Marcus and Elizabeth altho it is very intense. There are no icky moments and not a great deal of sex really, it's just that when it does happen it's scorchio:)

message 3: by new_user (new)

new_user Cool, thanks for the info! :)

message 4: by Rane (new) - added it

Rane Awesome Review Adrienne!
Marcus (Darkly handsome, and spy)

Yeah~ this books sounds "awww~esome" *adds this baby to wishlist*