Douglas's Reviews > The C Student's Guide to Success: How to Become a High Achiever Without the Best Grades, Connections, or Pedigree

The C Student's Guide to Success by Ron Bliwas

Jul 01, 09

bookshelves: self-improvement
Read in July, 2009

I saw this book at barnes and nobles in the sale section for $7.95 and thought about giving it a shot. Like the author, I was probably a B student throughout highschool and college. My career has been a little rocky to say the least. I hoped that this book might give me some extra pointers on what to do.

This was a really good book. I'd highly recommend this book to anyone in business really, but particularly to those right after school or at the 25 year old age mark, just cause by then they would have had some real work experience to reflect on.

The author gives some really sound advice. Much of his advice I got from my father before he passed and it has really saved me a lot of anguish. Admittedly, my father also helped me get clear about career options which has made the whole, figuring out what I wanted to do a little easier. That you will have to find out on your own. But he details a lot of strategies on how you can position yourself to build a promising career in whatever you decide to do.

Its definitely worth a read. I'd give it a solid 4 stars, but I know that it would have been more beneficial to me if I or someone else had read it earlier in their career, hence the 5 star rating.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The C Student's Guide to Success.

06/19/2009 page 30
11.72% "So far a great read."
07/01/2009 page 205
80.08% "An excellent book."