rivka's Reviews > Dragon Harper

Sep 27, 08

bookshelves: mccaffrey-pern
Recommended for: die-hard Pern fans
Read in September, 2008

It's always nice to re-visit Pern, and the idea behind this book is a good one. Unfortunately, the characters are so poorly drawn that I just don't care very much about any of them. Kindan has appeared before, and I still don't feel like we know him at all.

Disappointing, especially when compared to the earlier Pern books dealing with another medical crisis -- Moretta and Nerilka's Story, which were far superior.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Harper.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Luann This is next on my list! I just finished Dragon's Fire and will be starting Dragon Harper right away - since I have to return it to the library this week. Reading these newest Pern books really makes me want to go back and revisit the first Pern books!

rivka Reading these newest Pern books really makes me want to go back and revisit the first Pern books!

Me too. And since I own them all now, I can do exactly that. It wasn't so long ago I got all of mine from the library, though.

Luann I own most of them - just not the most recent ones. For some reason I stopped keeping up. And since my library had them, it was very easy to catch up. I'm sure one of these days I'll want to buy them so I can have the entire series - some day when I have adequate shelf space. For now I'm happy to be able to read them and then return them to the library.

rivka "Adequate shelf space" -- I had that for a while. Then I bought some books, and then my ex found a box full of my books.

Now I'm back to trying to figure out how to fit another bookcase in my apartment. ;)

message 5: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan Todd writes well, just without that oomph that Annie gave her characters that made you love them. Of course she tended to come back later and make them "hidebound" -- see how bitchy Lessa became by the time F'Lessan grew up

rivka Heh. I actually liked Mature!Lessa. ;) She had some snap to her! :D