Mistress ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)'s Reviews > Divine Misdemeanors

Divine Misdemeanors by Laurell K. Hamilton

1974879
The plot was somewhat tighter (whodunit wise only) and It was fun to see some of the characters from book 1 again. There were some vaguely touched upon interesting developments concerning: the human soldiers she saved last book, the gangs home away from home, and in Merry's demeanor. But this still is LKH we're talkin' bout so there's still less editing than healthy, more sex (with random side characters) than necessary, and abounding wtfery. How she can spend pages upon pages sexin' the goblin boy wonder and other assorted fantastical navel gazing; but not explore the more interesting turns of events or characters is beyond me. The stories still grip me, but it often feels that they're scribbled in crayon compared to the rest of the dark fantasy genre (Adult, YA, or heck even some of the Children's novels).
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine Misdemeanors.

12/09/2009 page 1
0.3% "Fasten your seat belts, it's gonna be a bumpy ride. = )"
12/09/2009 page 8
2.4% "It's rare that murder scenes make me smile. But this one reminds me of the book in the The Spiderwick Chronicles"
12/09/2009 page 140
42.04% "Plant bondage..... tres kinky. lmao" 4 comments
12/09/2009 page 165
49.55% "Should I be worried that tentacle sex no longer has the power to shock me? *a moment of silence to mourn my innocence*"
12/09/2009 page 173
51.95% "That's it Merry, tell his arrogant fussiness what's what!! * snaps*"
12/09/2009 page 250
75.08% "Alrighty then skipping of those pages of yuckiness. Good to know I still have limits = /"
12/09/2009 page 333
100.0% "...Alrighty then, I guess that's that. = /"

Beth I finally got around to reading this and completely agree!