Bloblo's Reviews > The Plot to Seize the White House: The Shocking True Story of the Conspiracy to Overthrow FDR

The Plot to Seize the White House by Jules Archer

U_50x66
Mar 03, 10

Recommended for: those interested in US history
Read in December, 2009

I was going to give this book a 3 stars. But the history is so interesting and not much written about it else where, that I gave it a 4 stars. I am dissappointed that there are not footnotes, though. The history of Butler helping prevent a Wall-Streeter-corporate fascist coup is documented elsewhere, so I knew that much was true. But this book helped tell the story, as well as give a bio of Butler of how he developed his thinking that promted him to write his phamplet "War is a Racket" (and always has been. he wrote).

Butler testified into the congressional record that he had been approached to lead such a coup. Butler was extremely popular among regular enlisted men, so he was thought to be a great pick. But the Wall-Streeters thought that everybody could be bought by money. They picked the wrong guy.

One can also view the documentary film "The Corporation" for news reel footage of Butler telling the camera about this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Plot to Seize the White House.