Cinda's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Jun 22, 09

I was lucky enough to snag an advanced reading copy at BEA.

I liked this a lot, though perhaps not so much as the first book in the series. That might have been because the dystopian world was so exciting and new in Hunger Games.

There was a plot twist at the end that seemed scarcely believable. But Catching Fire roars along like a house afire and I am so engaged with these characters!! The ending was more of a cliff-hanger than HG and now it will be a long wait for the third book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

icecheeks411 Did you get an early edition?

Cinda Yes, it was an advanced reading copy. Guess I should've noted that.

icecheeks411 Awww... I'm so jelous.

Wendes Lucky...waiting till September seems like forever.

message 5: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura I think in my case, I appreciated the slight repetitions. I read it on the plane home from BEA, not having read Hunger Games for months, and yet I still felt completely in the loop. I hate series' where I have to reread the previous books to make sense of the latest.

Julie U R SOOO LUCKY

Cinda Laura wrote: "I think in my case, I appreciated the slight repetitions. I read it on the plane home from BEA, not having read Hunger Games for months, and yet I still felt completely in the loop. I hate series' ..."

I agree, I have such a poor memory, even of my own work! This could almost be read as a stand-alone, which is great, and not easy to accomplish.

message 8: by Janni (new) - added it

Janni The ending was more of a cliff-hanger than HG and now it will be a long wait for the third book.

I keep telling myself that given this I should be happy to wait until September, so as to shorten the next wait. Right? Right.

message 9: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen I'm so jealous. i love hunger games.

Michele I love this series. I was not thrilled with the ending. As a matter of fact I really was not thrilled with the end but at the same moment I was happy to realize that yes there will be another book.