Kristin's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

193607
Jun 18, 2009

Read in August, 2009

Uptight English majors need not apply. If you do not have a sense of humor then forget this book. It is not meant to be taken seriously.You go into it with the understanding ( and hopefully having read) the original version. What makes it funny is the random zombie bits. All that is proper and the idea of marrying well is still an important premise but its Elizabeth Bennett the ass kicking zombie killer that really turns this story on its ear and makes it fun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann Hi Kristin,
Be sure to let us know what you think of this book. I'm really curious.

message 2: by Kathleen (new) - added it

Kathleen Ya I really want to know how this is!! I'm really curious to how this is!

Kristin I am really not that far into it but it is funny. I mean it is funny from the stand point that here you have the story of Pride and Prejudice as we know it and Elizabeth Bennett is an ass kicking zombie killer! You have to have a sense of humor to read this really because the zombie bits are so random but the tenor and tone of the novel is one that you know this problem is out there lurking. Makes you look at Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingly differently too.

message 4: by Kathleen (new) - added it

Kathleen Would you recommend this book? Because I'm going to be stuck on an airplane for a long time and could use something good to read!

Kristin It is a fun read. I am enjoying it.

message 6: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Thanks for the review! It's on my to read list. I will have to get to it soon!