Katie's Reviews > Before the Dawn

Before the Dawn by Max Allan Collins

Jul 03, 09

Read in July, 2009

Pretty good prequel to the tv series. If there are any fans of Dark Angel out there i suggest you read this. While it doesn't solve any mysteries you had while watching the show it is definitely cool to read about what happened before Max meets Logan.

Though her reasons for spending time up on the Space Needle are even sadder, it's still a fun read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before the Dawn.

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn is this about a Tv series? i feel like i've seen this show but i can't remember lol

Katie Yup! Dark Angel! It was a tv series that ran for two seasons and it was amazing! It's about a girl named Max who lives in the "future", 2019. She's a genetically enhanced transgenic super-soldier from Manticore and in 2009 (yea i know) she and some of her brothers and sisters escaped. There's so much more to it but i suggest watching the series because it is one of the best tv shows I've ever seen.

I was so happy i came across these books. One tells the story before the first episode, one wraps up where the show left off (at a clifhanger i might add), and another...well i dunno i gotta read it to find out.

Love it!

message 3: by Jenn (new)

Jenn i think is saw it, they had barcode tattooes on the back of the neck right.
that series was really good, but i don´t remeber alot about it. iknow they cancel shortly after i start watching it so i didn´t get too much into the the story.

Katie Yes! The barcodes!!!!

Oh u should definitely go back and watch both seasons. This show was awesome. I mean the plot was really interesting, the characters aren't flat and you actually care for them, Max is awesome, but that stupid clifhanger at the end. It bugs me!!!!

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Jenn lol i'll have to check it out again. i hate clifhangers lol worse when they don't get clear out later. are the book placed after the that clifthanger? maybe it would be solve in the novel. i'm going to check out that series when i go to rent some movie (well when i get back that's it lol) there aren't that many great series on tv lately. and the one that i love i never know what time are on tv lol. the nly series i religiously watch i true blood and is just because i have HBO OnDemand so i don't have to worry about what time is on. when i get back home ill have about 6 episode to watch. i witch i could watch Dr House like that too lol

Katie Oh def add Dark Angel to ur list! That show was great! I hate Fox for canceling it. Yes there is a book that takes place directly after the clifhanger ending. I'm currently reading that one. And then there's another...which i have no idea what it is about. It's a surprise!!! And then there's the prequel.

True Blood!!!! I love both the books and the tv show. I agree with u. Tv nowadays sucks. Reality tv...god I'm so sick of reality tv. There's only so much of it i can take before i start screaming. I tend to watch a lot of comedy based shows: Chuck, Dead Like Me (another long gone show but really funny), The Big Bang Theory, and Family Guy. Then there are my hard-core shows like True Blood, Chuck (I'm a fan), Dark Angel, Charmed (both r long gone shows but still great rerun watches), and those r the ones i can think of at the moment.

Lol not like I'm picky about my shows or anything like that.... :P