Leslie's Reviews > Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman

bookshelves: children-s-lit
Recommended to Leslie by: some Goodreads list
Recommended for: boys around 6ish and up
Read in June, 2009

This review is really regarding my 6yr old son's opinions because I just don't get these gross-out books. I buy them for son because of my sometimes wobbly belief that all reading is good reading (for kids) and I would hate to turn him off to reading by forcing Shakespeare or Chaucer on him to early.
Anyway, he laughed out loud at this one too. It contains all the elements of glee one usually finds in a "Pilkey" such as mean grownups being hypnotized by naughty but well meaning schoolboys and then running in around in their undearwear or turning into evil snake-headed monsters trying to take over the world with robot children who look like our heroes.
It all happens when someone (usually inadvertently) snaps. My son takes great pains to snap now and then and run around warning me about all the impending dangers.
This one was not quite as funny as the others, but I'll have to suffer through them all as we have found a big set of these for a buck each and a consignment shop. Sigh.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman.