Annette's Reviews > Journeys Through ADDulthood: Discover a New Sense of Identity and Meaning with Attention Deficit Disorder

Journeys Through ADDulthood by Sari Solden

Jun 30, 09

bookshelves: adhd, 5-star-non-fictional-favorites
Recommended for: anyone with ADHD
Read in June, 2009

Through the experiences of four of her clients as well as her own life, psychotherapist, Sari Solden takes you through the emotional journeys one takes from the time they are diagnosed with ADHD.

Some people with ADHD have the false notion that once they're diagnosed and on medication, they're "fixed". But the truth is, most people still struggle with organizational skills, time management and social anxiety.

The other books that I've read on ADHD are all about the symptoms, diagnosis, medications and other treatment options. This book starts up where the others leave off. If the statement, "OK I've been diagnosed, I'm on medication now what?" describes you then this book will be very helpful for you.
This book will help you to see that you don't have to give up your dreams because you have ADHD, you may just need to adjust them a little. S. Solden will help you to identify the source of your frustrations and how to deal with them in a healthy way. She will also help you to see that your differences are not character flaws, you will learn how to communicate your needs with family members, co-workers, and friends without loosing your self respect and you will learn how important it is to set boundaries and limits to prevent overwhelm and that IT'S OK TO SAY NO!

I really, really enjoyed this book and I'm sure that I will be referring to it again and again. I could go on for several more paragraphs, but I doubt that anyone wants to read that long of a review, so I'll close by saying, I highly recommend it to anyone who has been diagnosed with ADHD.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Journeys Through ADDulthood.

06/17/2009 page 117
52.23% "Wow! I'm learning a lot."