Jacqueline's Reviews > The Outsiders

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

Feb 26, 2010

I am currently 15, and my aunt gave me this book when I was about 12. When I got the book, I put on a happy face and said I as excited to read it. But honestly I did not want to read a book about boys in a bad part of town and about street fights. But my aunt kept asking me if I read it, and after a few months I picked up the book, and from there, I couldn't put it down. This book was so inspirational and great. I loved every one of the characters. My favorite characters were definitely Johnny and Dallas though. If you are ever hesitant about reading this book, don't second guess it like I did.

The story is so real. Things happen, people die. When you read this book, you leave your living room, and you end up in a different, scary world. You read a story that people like you are actually living. And that's the scary part. I cried in this book, laughed a few times, were amused by the characters, and hated some too. This book is not my style, but I thank my aunt for introducing me to this book, that I would never dare try on my own. This book is fantastic and I have nothing but great words to say. I can't think of one flaw, it is great. Give it the chance it deserves. I am in love with this book and it is my favorite book. This book was absolutely great and deserves all the attention it gets. Read this book.
27 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Outsiders.

Quotes Jacqueline Liked

S.E. Hinton
“Stay gold, Ponyboy, stay gold.”
S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders

03/06 marked as: read

Shannon (Giraffe Days) I wasn't interested in reading this either Jackie, but your review has made me reconsider :)

message 2: by Jacqueline (last edited Feb 26, 2010 07:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jacqueline Oh, I'm glad! Definitely read it! It's my all time favorite book ever. It really is a great book, if you do read it, I would love to read your review on it.

Lesluna i completly agree, best book ever

mackenzie ann it isnt my favorite... i read it for school which kind of ruined it...

Janie When I walked into my English class in 7th grade and saw it, I was not pleased. It looked like a science fiction novel(something I cannot stand). Don't ask me why I thought it, but when I read the back I got a little more into it. I've read it more times than I can count. It captivates you from the first sentence. <3

Marisol you have a great aunt :)

Mira That is the same way I felt until my teacher insisted I read it. I think the best part about this book is the real connection you have with characters. Sodapop was my favourite because of how well Hinton described his loving nature, along with all the characters as well. Once I ended this book I was already looking for a sequel but sadly they didn't have one ): But Hinton does have other books including one that has references to characters in The Outsiders, like Tim Shepard. Nice review (:

Alice I have to read it for school, I hope it's as good as you say

Gabriella Schwedt I feel the same exact way about this book as you do. There is literally no flaw in my mind. The book is fast pace, and doesn't start out, or end out slow what so ever. The book is so much fun to read, and so hard to put down once you have opened the book. I am typically a slow reader, but when it came to The Outsiders I finished it in the blink of an eye. I could not agree mre with this review on the book.