Melissa 's Reviews > Keeping the Moon

Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen

Jun 18, 09

bookshelves: favorites, read-in-2009, teen-general-fiction, with-reviews, teen-romance
Read in June, 2009, read count: 2

Sixteen year old Colie is used to being picked on. At her school she is commonly known as “hole in one,” due to a malicious rumor that one of her adversaries spread around the school. This summer, Colie is traveling to Colby, North Carolina where she will stay with her eccentric aunt Mira. There she will find friends and a job in a place that isn’t familiar with her past.
I love Sarah Dessen’s books. She has a knack for writing realistic teen characters and situations. We have all been Colie at one time or another, picked on for what we looked like or who we were. Dessen’s characters remind me of that time, but these teens find hope. Although there are a few aspects of the story that are now a little dated (i.e. Cassette tapes, and a walkman) the story is still relevant. It explores a teen’s search for identity and the friends she makes along the way.
This is a great book and still very relevant. Highly recommended!
Cautions for sensitive readers: There are some references to sex in this book, although nothing is depicted. Violence is not present, but there may be some mild language, although I am not recalling any at the time of this review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keeping the Moon.

06/17/2009 page 176