Callie's Reviews > The Indian in the Cupboard

The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks

Jun 17, 09

bookshelves: tema-s-books
Recommended for: parents and kids, grade-schoolers
Read in June, 2009

Tema says, "I wish I could give it a 6! I liked it because the cupboard could change people and that the cowboy and the indian, and they all had weird names. It was interesting. I learned that it's not true, and I learned about longhouses."

After that euridite review from Tema, I probably don't need to add anything. But I'll say that it was a very interesting read-aloud; I was just as interested to find out what would happen next as my 6 yr old was! The vocabulary was a stretch for my son, but it was a fast-paced chapter book that has moments of humor and suspense. Probably better for a little bit older child, but it definitely succeeded in holding our attention. I've never had my son demand for me to read quite so often. We'll be starting the next book in the series very soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Indian in the Cupboard.

06/08/2009 page 48
25.0% "enjoying it a lot, Tema thinks it's funny."
06/14/2009 page 174
90.63% "Reading aloud all afternoon. Tema loves it! My throat hurts but at least he's not been watching t.v."
06/17/2009 page 199
100% "We'll finish this up today and hopefully get the next book in the series from the library tomorrow."
show 1 hidden update…