Bookscmc's Reviews > Intensity

Intensity by Dean Koontz

Jun 19, 09

I was first introduced to this story after watching the movie version on television/cable. When I learned it was based upon the novel, of course I happened to find it.

This was the beginning of a great frienship with Koontz for me.
Of course the book was exactly as the movie, as they stayed right with the book when they made the movie. I was very impressed. The book was a joy to read -and I was a bit surprised that I still enjoyed it so much even though I knew what happened in the movie, though surprised because I was waiting for something to be different in the book while turning pages and nothing different. But that alone surprised me.

I really enjoyed the way the book was written and saught out other books by Koontz. I'm a huge fan and he's one of my all time fave authors now!

I'd say he's a PG or PG-13 version of Stephen King. And yet I love Koontz's writing style even more-so. Coming from a fan of King's, I'd say that's huge. So Koontz - you're #1 in my book! Sorry King, gotta give up the throne to Koontz!

One more thing, Koontz's stories are very close to reality in that while reading them, one would think to self, this either has happened or could happen to someone. Yikes! Makes for a more suspenseful and thrilling read! If you haven't read any of Koontz's books, please pick any one of them up now! You're missing out!

**If you do pick one of his up for the first time, I'd suggest either Intensity, Sole Survivor, False Memory or Lightning! -Lightning was my fave! ;)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intensity.