Karen's Reviews > Mr. Monk is Miserable

Mr. Monk is Miserable by Lee Goldberg

Jun 21, 2009

liked it
Read in June, 2009

** spoiler alert ** This was a really fun book to read. It is everything you would expect from the television show and more. I found out more about the characters. Also, the plot was more complex than the ones depicted on the shows. It is a great who-done-it and a great summer read. Following are two of my favorite quotes:

"You wish you had the courage to be free, like we are...We
don't have credit cards, mortgages, car leases, or a thousand other chains of debt shackling us in perpetual servitude to corporate masters. We don't suck the tainted milk from corporate teat,(page 177)."

"I was on my motocrotte, going up and down the Champs-Elysees, and in a moment of startling clarity and peace that only comes from deep cleaning, it just hit me. I remembered the painting and realized that Bisson was the killer, (page 280)."

I also found out that Paris has 200 miles of tunnels underneath it. Some are sewers and some are catacombs. In the catacombs, there are people buried from as far back as the French Revolution. You can tour these places. And there is a movement/lifestyle/philosophy called the Freegans. All in a summer who-done-it book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Monk is Miserable.

06/16/2009 page 2
0.69% "The beginning is good."