Sarah's Reviews > Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Jun 20, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, ya
Read in June, 2009

Gives a whole new meaning to total let down. I didn't even realy have all that high of expectations for the finale of the Twilight saga, and I was still disapointed. The whole Edward and Bella on a secluded island and shacked up in their forest cottage was way to trashy romance novel for me. Not that it was sexually explicit....but definitly dime store romance crap.

My main gripe is the ending. The plot builds and builds to this big confrontation, only to wind up being a while lot of nothing. But wait...that's not entirely accurate. We do find out that Bella is a freaksihly talented vampire. Seriously?...cheese factor much? I can accept vampires and werewolves and even vampire/human abnormalities, but I draw the line at seeing Bella as a heroine. It's just not feasable.

I suppose the plot is relatively unique, but it's like Meyer was trying to throw so much into one novel that it ended up coming across as what I see translating into a B rated horror flick. Like I said, total let down (even by sub-par Twilight standards).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Dawn.