Stef's Reviews > Comes a Horseman

Comes a Horseman by Robert Liparulo

Aug 26, 09

bookshelves: christian-fiction, law-medical, murderer-serial-killer, fiction, i-own-it, read-2009, 2-stars, christian, contemporary-fiction
Read in August, 2009, read count: 1

** spoiler alert **

So, it started off absolutely brilliant. Because trained killer hybrid wolves are SCARY. There's really no way around it.

Then, the protagonists were introduced. And that's when it started going downhill. Because they are the two most useless FBI agents I have EVER seen. They get beat up, knocked unconscious, kidnapped, locked in cells...

Yes, they're more real than those super agents that appear in most books (the ones who can do no wrong), and they're certainly easier to relate to than said mega agents, but there's useless and then there's USELESS.

I mean, the only reason they actually emerged victorious at the end of the book was because the villain was an Antichrist wannabe who spread his arms and told them to shoot him, since he believed he'd rise again. He LITERALLY did this. And his two hundred eyewitness followers LET THEM GO because their master had told them to.

A quarter way through the book I was baffled, but amused. Halfway, and I kind of hated them both a little. Three fourths, and I wanted desperately for them to fail and die horrible, horrible deaths (and for the book to end, because really. Is it supposed to get more boring the closer to the end I get?).

At least the Viking with the killer wolves lived to kill another day. Because really, he's the one you'll end up rooting for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Comes a Horseman.

07/13/2009 page 121
07/14/2009 page 135
21.81% "You hear friggin' CLAWS clicking against the floor from the shadows, and go 'investigating'? My gosh, some people deserve to be decapitated."
07/16/2009 page 180
29.08% "I foresee romance in the next two hundred pages. I do not approve." 4 comments
08/07/2009 page 369
59.61% "Now with acid induced Supernatural-esqe demon spewing!"
08/07/2009 page 537
86.75% "Vatican cardinal implied to be smoking pot? ...Okay then."
08/08/2009 page 551
89.01% "These protagonists must be the most *useless* FBI agents I have ever come across. 69 pages left, and I can't care less if they die or live."
08/10/2009 page 560
90.47% "Oh my gosh, this is getting REALLY boring. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around?"
08/13/2009 page 619
100.0% "Well, I can't decide whether that was a waste of my time or not."
show 1 hidden update…