Erin's Reviews > A Dad-Sized Challenge: Building a Life-Changing Relationship with Your Son

A Dad-Sized Challenge by Jeff Kinley

F 50x66
Jul 20, 09

Read in July, 2009

Having a degree in Child and Family Development and also being a Christian but not being male... I thought this book was an accurate text about how hard it is to be a good father in today's times. I thought that his perspective on how men and women ARE different and how many people in our society seem to have forgotten this was completely on the ball. The author tried hard to provide many examples of activities dads and sons could do together, it was obviously easier though for him to give examples of activities he and his sons enjoyed. Most fathers I know will look back and recognize the special times they spent with their children as moments they did something together no matter what it is and I believe that this is the concept that the author was trying to get across. I liked that the book was not over-the-top for religion and that it did not look down on dads that might not be as religious. It is definately a book for those who are open to Christianity and would like to instill Christian beliefs and faith in their sons. This is a book that would need to be revisited as a son grew older as it skips from first time dad experiences to older children, teens, and letting children go out into the world.

Overall, I thought this was a good book for those looking to reinforce or think over how they would like to raise their sons.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dad-Sized Challenge.