Jesse's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

2119409
Nov 24, 2009

bookshelves: fiction, classic, jane-austen, ebooks-i-own
Read in November, 2009

I rather liked this book. I am not much of a reader of classic literature but I enjoy Austen's works. It is a much simpler time with clear rules and codes of conduct. It was like reading classic chic lit but with more substance. In order to get all I could out of it, I also listened to it on audiobook by Anne Flosnik (she is awesome BTW). I was able to catch subtle nuances that I missed before and it made the overall experience better.

Quotes Jesse Liked

Jane Austen
“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”

Jane Austen
“Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.”

Jane Austen
“I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”

08/25/2009 page 15