Jennie's Reviews > Ice Run

Ice Run by Steve Hamilton

Jun 15, 09

Read in June, 2009, read count: 1

We listened to this as an audiobook on the drive up to Mackinac for summer vacation. I freely admit the narrator (whose name eludes me) didn't help the book's case, but here's my review, in summary.

Oh, my, GOD. She looked at me with THOSE EYES. GOD DAMMIT ALL! Son of A bitch. Good guy! Bad guy! Family feud! THOSE EYES! Blood. Blood! Spinning! THOSE EYEEEES! That face! GOD DAMMIT ALL!

Perhaps if I'd read other books in the series, the characters might've resonated more; I suspect that, overall, this isn't much worse (or much better) than the Stephanie Plum series, although probably less hilarious. As a stand-alone novel, it was like the characters just didn't exist beyond the borders of the book, and the mystery wasn't very mysterious. I'll likely read another in the series, just to give it a fair shot.

But MY GOD. That prose.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ice Run.

JoDee I have listened to several entries in the series on audio. Only a couple feature Natalie. He does appear haunted by his past and his feeling of inadequacy and guilt, but some of the mysteries are quite good and he and his supporting cast, especially Vinnie, make the books very enjoyable.