Parisa's Reviews > Forget Me Knot

Forget Me Knot by Sue Margolis

Jun 15, 2009

bookshelves: chick-lit, year-2009, first-reads, af
Read in July, 2009

Short synopsis: Forget Me Knot is about Abby Crompton, a floral artist/boutique owner who has a budding business and a perfect fiance. So she thinks. One by one things start going south for Abby. Will she find her silver lining?

I thoroughly enjoyed Forget Me Knot. I've read one other book by Sue Margolis (Apocalipstick) and didn't really like it (though the title is awesome). Forget Me Knot is written in third person, past tense, and not only focuses on Abby's growth as a person, but also her relationships with the men in her life and her parents. Sue Margolis did a great job with making the characters you're supposed to like likable and the characters you're supposed to hate hateful. I especially love Scozza and Ichiro, two flamboyantly gay characters who tell it like it is and don't mind getting into other people's business.

This book had moments where it tended more toward the romance genre than chick lit, but don't be deterred. Forget Me Knot was a cute, sexy, funny read, great for any chick lit lovers who read Marian Keyes, Emily Griffin, or Eileen Rendahl.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forget Me Knot.