Jake's Reviews > Twenty Years After

1995871
Jul 31, 09

bookshelves: fiction
Read in July, 1998

This was my favorite of the Musketeer novels. I remember it as being the novel that held my interest the most. It also seems to be the one where the Musketeers are most united. In other stories they often split up or are at odds. This seemed like the four of them at their best, facing great challenges to protect others and each other.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twenty Years After.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

John The first half of the book they are on opposite sides. You call that being united ?

Jake Hi John. In this case, my review is a brief recollection of the impression the book left with me.Thank you for reminding me about them being split up early on in the novel. It has been a long time since I read this one. To sum it up, I enjoyed it a great deal. It seemed a fine sequel with lots of adventure. Out of curiosity, how would you characterize the Musketeers relationship in the second half of the book?

John I am now 50 % through the book, so I cannot answer that...,yet, but I can say that it is nice to see how things happen, as having seen The Man In The Iron Mask in the theatre, I already know that Raoul is Athos' son , that Louis is really d'Artangon's son, as is Phillipe who unheard of in this book and eventually becomes the man in the iron mask, and that Aramas is the one who took Phillipe away after being born