Sabrina Rutter's Reviews > Life Is Not a Fairy Tale

Jun 15, 2009

it was ok
bookshelves: memoir-biography
Read in January, 2010

After watching the movie about Fanatasia's life I wanted to read her book, but I must say that I enjoyed the movie much more. She is very religous and talks about God all the way through the book and though I admit some of it was pretty inspirational, alot of it felt like I was reading about how to be a good christian girl from the hood.
The book was not wrote in a story from at all, it was basically Fantasia telling you what happened and her thoughts on those experiences.
I must admit that after reading this book I'm a bit more of fan now of her music than I was before. I can relate to her life because I'm still living in the struggle. I see the "hoochie mama's" in the summer time pushing their babies in their strollers with their cordless phones tucked away somwhere with them. We all have dreams but for most of us those dreams just come at night when we close our eyes. I'm happy that Fanatsia's dream became a reality and her daughter will never know our struggle.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life Is Not a Fairy Tale.

01/08/2010 page 1