Barbara's Reviews > The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide

The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward

Jun 15, 09

bookshelves: vampires-werewolves-oh-my
Read in June, 2009

This is a great addition to the Black Dagger Brotherhood series but do not read it until you have read the first 6 books of the series. Trust me….you don’t want to spoil any of the actual books.

This book provides “behind the pages” look at the Brotherhood. It includes interviews with each Brother including Wrath, deleted scenes, direction on where the series will be going next and J.R. Ward breaks down each of the 6 books to explain the who, what, where, how and why of each of the stories and why worked out the way they did. The questionnaire’s filled out by each of the Brother’s is kinda funny to ready.

My absolute favorite part of the book, is the continuing story of Zsadist (one of my favorite brothers) and his shellen Bella and their baby daughter Nalla. The story follows Bella’s ordeal on having Nalla and how Zsadist is trying to cope loving his shellen, his daughter and how to be a dad when he feels so ashamed about his blood slave tattoo’s and his past. He’s afraid to touch is daughter or get close and it’s tearing his beloved Bella apart. I loved having this story told.

I’m so much a Black Dagger Brotherhood fan that I didn’t want the series to end, but reading this book was like the cherry on the sundae. A good way to sum up the series so far and prepare yourself for Rehvenge’s story.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Dagger Brotherhood.