Andy's Reviews > Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto

Liberty and Tyranny by Mark R. Levin

Jun 15, 09

bookshelves: non-fiction-other, politics
Recommended to Andy by: hard core libertarian friend
Recommended for: liberal, conservative, libertarian, independent,unaffiliated,millenials, Christians,Jews,agnostics
Read in June, 2009, read count: 1

Probably the best book I have read recently for my liberal friends to read to understand conservatism, and why we believe the "state" is not your friend.
For my unaffiliated or independent friends, a great read on why you can't stay on the sidelines.
For my libertarian friends, a solid reminder and primer on why conservatism is the current home of liberty.
For my conservative friends, an excellent primer on the why's and how's of conservative thought and action.
The thing I like most about this book for the casual reader is it is very skimmable. The paragraphs and chapters are organized so that you can dig as deep as you want, and skim over the details that you don't need.
The sad thing is that many of my liberal friends and family, based on conversations and letters, cannot leave the "CNN Bubble" long enough to seek out alternative views enough to understand them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liberty and Tyranny.