Alena's Reviews > Death of a Dying Man

1291996
Jun 18, 09

bookshelves: fiction, queer, crime-suspense
Read in June, 2009

Can I just say how glad I am that Micky Knight is back? Not very far in yet but already enjoying it.

I remember way, way back when the first in the series was published in Germany the press who published it added letters of discussion they had amongst themselves of whether they should publish a lesbian book with such an 'unfeminist' character. Seems like a very long time ago, a very different time.

How much do I love the new J.M. Redmann? Let me count the ways... ;)

Excellent novel, both in terms of the mystery and character development, most of all for its retelling of Katrina and what it did to a city and individual people. Heartbreaking. You can also feel the author's anger about events after Katrina and the lack of immediate and long-term support.

Character-wise I was so very happy that Micky Knight is back. She's a unique character in lesfic and I'm glad that BSB didn't mess with her edginess and rawness to make her fit into the BSB formula.

Go read it now, and if you've never read a Micky Knight mystery start with the first one now. You won't be sorry.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death of a Dying Man.