Jasmine's Reviews > To Seduce a Sinner

To Seduce a Sinner by Elizabeth Hoyt

Jun 15, 09

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read in June, 2009

** spoiler alert ** This was one of the worst romance books I've ever read. There was no chemistry, the attraction seems forced and the conversations are so dull that after a while I skipped most of the nonsense. And hello, is anyone interested in the story of the maid and valet's love?

And the steamy scenes were not really steamy, they were rather crude and funny. I mean, it's not their love and care for each other that brings them together but their lust and need for pleasure. There are no answers to why these two completely different people are for each other.

Another annoying thing was the drastic change in the characters between day and night. I wanted to slap Melisande and shake her to her senses and start speaking her mind instead of thinking quietly inside her mind, come on, how could you expect Jasper to be aware of you when all you do was avoid mixing in the crowds and silently longing for his love? And then blame him for not noticing you, how stupid is that?

And as if this ridiculousness wasn't enough, there was that irritating dog, Mouse, always nagging and disturbing my already crumb-sized interest in the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Seduce a Sinner.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Violet Crush haha, the only character I found interesting was the mouse :)