Vicky's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

Jun 14, 2009

bookshelves: audiobook, series__harry_potter, 2010, 2009, 2008, 5_stars, series, 2011, narrator__jim_dale, 2013, reviewed
Read from March 28 to April 04, 2011

Listen 7 -- 2013 April 22 - May 21
Wow, it took me a while to finish this time -- first time through where I'm not listening at work :)

I still love this series. The character of Umbridge is fantastic. I love that she does so much evil while believing she's doing good. Too much of this exists in the real world, and I enjoyed this interpretation.

It's also impressive that after many readings (7 times through the audiobook and quite a few through the print versions that don't have handy play counters), Sirius's death - and Harry's resultant anguish - can still bring tears to my eyes.

Favorite quotes:
“Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have.”

“From now on, I don't care if my tea leaves spell 'Die, Ron, Die,' I'm chucking them in the bin where they belong.”

“According to Madam Pomfrey, thoughts could leave deeper scars than almost anything else.”

Listen 6 -- 2011 March 28 - April 4
Listen 5 -- 2010 January 9-20
Listen 4 -- 2008 November 22 - December 15
Listens 1-3 -- Dates unknown

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Quotes Vicky Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Why were you lurking under our window?"
"Yes - yes, good point, Petunia! What were you doing under our windows, boy?"
"Listening to the news," said Harry in a resigned voice.
His aunt and uncle exchanged looks of outrage.
"Listening to the news! Again?"
"Well, it changes every day, you see," said Harry.”

J.K. Rowling
“Has Ron saved a goal yet?” asked Hermione, peering over the top of Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms.
“Well, he can do it if he doesn't think anyone’s watching him,” said Fred, rolling his eyes. “So all we have to do is ask the crowd to turn their backs and talk among themselves every time the Quaffle goes up his end on Saturday.”

J.K. Rowling
“Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.”

03/28/2011