Kent's Reviews > H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education

H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education by Mark Walden

Jun 24, 09

Read in June, 2009

The premise of the book was that H.I.V.E. was supposed to be an elite school where tomorrows super-villains are trained. Even though this is a obvious ripoff of Harry Potter and Evil Genius, I still enjoyed it.

Otto Malpense has managed to run the orphanage he is in, even bringing the Prime Minister to his knees, but suddenly Otto is kidnapped and whisked away to H.I.V.E. Along the way he meets Wing Fanchu, a martial arts expert and they quickly become friends. He soon decides he wants off the island and begins planning an escape that looks next to impossible. With the help of Laura Brand, a computer genius, and Shelby Trinity, a diamond thief, they concoct a plan to escape the island and it's leader Dr. Nero. I won't tell you what happens, but will say there is a sequel.

There is nothing offensive enough in it to prevent a younger child from reading it. But the characters are young adult age. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education.

06/16/2009 page 95
29.69% "This a great book! It moves fast and has a great story."
show 1 hidden update…