Miriam's Reviews > A Conspiracy of Kings

A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner

Apr 08, 10

bookshelves: fantasy
Read on April 05, 2010

Engrossing, but I didn't love it the way I loved the previous three volumes of the series. It lacked the liveliness and humor that characterized the other books. In some ways, that made sense -- Sophos is kind and sincere person rather than a clever and adventurous one. In a natural progression from the third volume, this focused more on external politics and the ethical dilemmas of rule. Those are important and Turner handles them with delicacy. But I missed the funny!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Conspiracy of Kings.

Lana Yes, I wonder about that, too.
I am in love with this book and it is the only series I've ever bought. I practically memorized the earlier books.
Four years is a really long time to wait for a book. What if something happens to me or the author and I never get to read the fifth book? Or sixth book if there is one? Megan Whalen Turner should publish her books more frequently.

Jenn "Awww Yeaaahhh" I can't wait to hear what you think. I read it a few weeks ago and really liked it, but didn't love it. I LOVE #1-3 so much though!

Clare I loved it more on second reading.