Christy B's Reviews > The House at Riverton

The House at Riverton by Kate Morton

1204629
Jun 17, 09

bookshelves: fiction, historical-fiction, mystery, favorites, the-great-war
Read in June, 2009

** spoiler alert ** This is one of those books I was sad to finish. I wish it would never end. I'm not sure why, but I think I just got caught up in the world.

One word to describe this novel is: breathtaking.

I loved how the book was set up: interwoven with both past and present day; part of a script; newspaper articles; letters.

The end knocked me over like a ton of bricks. I had a feeling as I got closer to the end that the whole suicide secret wasn't really a suicide, but I had NO idea it was going to end like that.

The final page: Hannah's letter to Grace. What a way to end the book. I almost started crying after I read it. To think, how much tragedy could have been avoided if Grace told Hannah the truth years ago that she really didn't know shorthand.

I just know I'll be diving back into this world again and again. I can't stay away.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House at Riverton.

06/12/2009 page 3
show 6 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer I have this on my 'to be read' list--the one I keep on paper, not here at GR. Let me know what you think of it, please.

Christy B Will do.