Caroline's Reviews > The Shadow of the Wind

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of the Wind.

Quotes Caroline Liked

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Once, in my father's bookshop, I heard a regular customer say that few things leave a deeper mark on a reader than the first book that finds its way into his heart. Those first images, the echo of words we think we have left behind, accompany us throughout our lives and sculpt a palace in our memory to which, sooner or later—no matter how many books we read, how many worlds we discover, or how much we learn or forget—we will return.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Fools talk, cowards are silent, wise men listen.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“I couldn't help thinking that if I, by pure chance, had found a whole universe in a single unknown book, buried in that endless necropolis, tens of thousands more would remain unexplored, forgotten forever. I felt myself surrounded by millions of abandoned pages, by worlds and souls without an owner sinking in an ocean of darkness, while the world that throbbed outside the library seemed to be losing its memory, day after day, unknowingly, feeling all the wiser the more it forgot.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”

Carlos Ruiz Zafón
“In the shop we buy and sell them, but in truth books have no owner. Every book you see here has been somebody’s best friend.”