Trent Mikesell's Reviews > Gregor the Overlander Box Set

Gregor the Overlander Box Set by Suzanne Collins

Jun 12, 09

bookshelves: favorites

This is my review for the whole series. There are 5 books and they are all equally wonderful. I bought this series about 3 years ago, but never read them. They just sat on my shelf. Every time I looked at the back, it just didn't draw my interest. I'm not sure why, but I just do not enjoy books that take place underground (City of Ember, Tunnels, etc.). The fact that this takes place underground initially turned me off. However, I decided to give it a try, and I am very glad that I did. The story is very exciting, and all the books were very difficult to put down. The new world is an exciting and interesting place (although at times it is a bit illogical).

My one concern with the book is that even though it is billed for 11-12 year olds, it does seem to have a lot of killing and dying. I think you'd have to be a mature 12 year old to read it. There are also some other serious themes that may be difficult for young readers. Overall, though, I highly recommend this series. It hooked me from the start, and kept me interested the whole time. Be warned: You really have to read the whole series as it's one continous story. The good news is that it is all written!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gregor the Overlander Box Set.