Maria's Reviews > Fathers and Sons

Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev

Jun 12, 09

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fathers and Sons.

Laurel Hicks I had a different impression of this book each of the two times I read it. Time to read it again. I can't be away from the Russian novelists for long.

Maria Laurele wrote: "I had a different impression of this book each of the two times I read it. Time to read it again. I can't be away from the Russian novelists for long."

Laurel Hicks Maria wrote: I've read this only once. I have to start a project someday soon where I reread them all, and it will be a luxurious feast. Have you read Oblamov, by Ivan Goncharov?

No! I haven't even heard of the author. I just downloaded a sample to Tolstoy, my Kindle.

Maria Laurele wrote: "Maria wrote: I've read this only once. I have to start a project someday soon where I reread them all, and it will be a luxurious feast. Have you read Oblamov, by Ivan Goncharov?

No! I haven't ev..."

Laurel Hicks Maria wrote: Oblamov is a riot. It's about a man who's so lazy he simply allows life to pass him by, but he tries to rally in the end. It's extraordinary, extremely funny and very "Russian."

It's on my Kindle.