Terri's Reviews > Angels & Demons

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

Jul 30, 2015

Read in June, 2009

I'll admit it... I enjoy Dan Brown's novels. They're my guilty pleasure. Everyone needs one. I really enjoyed the quick action and suspense in this prequel to The DaVinci Code, in fact, I think it's better than that runaway best seller. I read the book just before visiting Rome, then came home and saw the film. I loved the puzzle with its race through the city from one great artwork to another (I even figured out some of them before Prof. Langdon, a feat which really pleased me!). The book only strained my credulity at one point, when Langdon must leap from a helicopter without a parachute. If you haven't read the book yet, I won't be a spoiler, but I have to admit I thought the film did a more believable job of handling it!

Brown takes history then rewrites, twists, and invents it to make it fit his story. I am sorry for those readers who aren't able to distinguish fiction from fact. Read Brown's work for the sheer fun of it, but don't get confused and think you're reading historical truth!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels & Demons.