Michelle Knudsen's Reviews > The Vor Game

The Vor Game by Lois McMaster Bujold

Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: adult, audiobook-version, science-fiction, sequel-or-series, reread
Read from June 21 to July 01, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vor Game.

Michelle Knudsen Andrew - This series is SO GOOD. I'm on something like my fourth re-read/listen of the whole series at this point. I've probably reread a few favorites a few extra times, too. LOVE Bujold. Check out her blog for thoughts on reading order - I vote for internal chronology order, myself, which is not the same as publication order on several of the earlier books. Also - if you're an audiobook fan, I have to say that the Grover Gardner readings of the Miles books are among my favorite audiobook experiences ever. I especially recommend them as a great way to re-experience the books after you've read them through the first time. :)

Sorry to be gushing - Bujold is one of my very favorite authors, and I'm excited for you to have just discovered this series! I hope you enjoy them as much as I have (and still do).

Andrew wrote: "Ah, just read the first book in this series(Shards of Honor), how is the series holding up?"

Michelle Knudsen Andrew wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Andrew - This series is SO GOOD. I'm on something like my fourth re-read/listen of the whole series at this point. I've probably reread a few favorites a few extra times, too. LOVE..."

Wheel of Time was REALLY GOOD for the first several books, then became a bit less good, then there were a couple of books that were very frustrating, and then they started to get better again. I still think it's worth reading, but it's definitely a big investment of time and pages.

I love thinking that Dragon of Trelian might follow LHOTP in your house! Let me know how it goes! :)

m