Shalisa's Reviews > The Sound of Waves

The Sound of Waves by Yukio Mishima

Jun 12, 09

Read in January, 2009

I learned that coming of age is very important to life. Throughout the book, the characters grow up both physically and mentally. Shinji learns that there is a lot of responsibility to raise a child. He raised his younger brother Hiroshi and gives him what he can. This exemplifies me because I always take care of my brother and sisters whenever my mother is ill. Hatsue learned that there are things you shouldn't say. This is wise because sometimes you hear devastating news and sometimes it's best not to say what happened. When my baby cousin paased away, I didn't tell my aunt Tati because she has high risk pregnancy and i didn't want to see her go too. Chiyoko learns that jealousy only creates bigger problems for herself. I have a lot of people that envy me, but since I know they do I just give them a lot of reasons to be jealous. It does come with a price such as, getting into fights, but I don't worry about nobody. I learned a lot of things from this book, at the same time the characters did and thought this book was okay.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sound of Waves.