Crystal's Reviews > The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe

Aug 28, 09

bookshelves: 2009
Read in August, 2009

I have to say that I am not quite sure how I feel about this book. The story started slow, got exciting in the middle, and fell apart in the end. In the book you meet Connie who is a Harvard grad looking to write her dissertation. Connie ends up having to clean out her Grandmothers old house and it is there that she finds a key and a name, Deliverance Dane. It is with these two items and a push from her mentor that she decides to research the Salem witch trials.
The story has an interesting plot I just believe that Howe could have taken the ending in a different direction. I also had trouble deciphering a couple of the words throughout the dialogue and even though I understand why she spelled the words with regard to somebody accent I would have preferred a cleaner text. I gave this book 3 stars because even though it was interesting it is not a book I would remember to recommend.

Reading Challenge-50 pts for donating a book

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by kari (new)

kari I have this on my TBR, I'll be waiting to hear what you think of it.

Crystal It is slow right now but I am hoping it picks up soon. I will let you know =)