Amanda Yeargin's Reviews > Fat Kid Rules the World

Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going

Jun 11, 09

bookshelves: 7th-grade-ir-books-stacy

I read Fat Kid Rules the World as an IR book. A boy named Troy Billings wieghs 296 pounds. When he was at the train station about to commit suicude when a semi-homeless, high school drop out, and a rock legend named Curt MacCrae. Already Troy's dad thinks Curt is addicted to drugs and Troy's brother thinks he is the biggest loser in Manhattan. Then he tells his father that he is now in a band with Curt which is not rue. He can't even play an instrument. But he goes along with it. So from this point there having pratice and will they have success.
One connection i have is an text-to-world connection. I can connect because there are alot of drop outs. Like Curt he dropped out of school and he was named a legend. A lot of times these drop outsdon't make them selves god in life. But sometimes they can also make something good but that depends.
I give this book ****stars. I gave it 4 stars because it was a good book but it didn't amaze me that much. This book is also cool because it tells a life which is liked much. If you liked my review you should read it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fat Kid Rules the World.