Holly's Reviews > Perfect Chemistry

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

May 16, 10

bookshelves: realistic-fiction, favorites, own, ya-contemporary-romance
Recommended to Holly by: Maegan
Recommended for: Teen Romance fans
Read in June, 2009, read count: 2

I had overheard a girl in my English class saying she loved this book, so months later, I got it. She was not wrong.

Brittany Ellis and Alejandro (Alex) Fuentes are partnered together in Chemistry class. Alex makes a bet with his friends that he can get into Brittany's pants by Thanksgiving.

Brittany's the kind of girl who must fit the 'perfect' mold. She's pom pom captain and dating the football captain. She has all the right clothes and the right friends. But she's far from perfect.

Alex comes from the wrong side of the tracks. He's part of a gang called Latino Blood. He doesn't take school seriously and loves to smart mouth with the teachers, earning him numerous detentions.

As the cover suggests, Brittany and Alex come to find they have...wait for it...Perfect Chemistry. I couldn't resist. It's pretty much what you'd expect from a book like this, but the emotions are so raw and real you can't help but feel them and connect with the troubled teens.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Chemistry.

Quotes Holly Liked

Simone Elkeles
“You are the one girl that made me risk eveything for a future worth having.”

Simone Elkeles
“We're actors in our lives, pretendin' to be who we want people to think we are.”

Simone Elkeles
“I can't help but smile as I swipe a lone tear trailing down my cheek. How can I not be crazy in love with this guy? Time away from him didn't change anything. I can't deny him another chance. That would be denying myself. ”

Simone Elkeles
“You once said you loved me. Do you still?"
My sister is watching this exchange between us. She smiles warmly at me, giving me the strength to tell him the truth. "I never stopped loving you. Even when I tried desperately to forget you. I couldn't.”

Simone Elkeles
“I want to know how to make this girl laugh. I want to know what makes her cry. I want to know what it feels like to have her look at me as if I’m her knight in shinning armor.”

06/30/2009 page 262
71.2% "I'm loving this book!"