Liz's Reviews > Jeeves in the Morning

Jeeves in the Morning by P.G. Wodehouse

2042021
Apr 18, 10

bookshelves: books-read-in-2010, reviewed, hilarious

In this installment, we see the ill-fated Bertie and his faithful butler Jeeves off to the country hamlet of Steeple Bumpleigh. Though the place may appear picturesque, we soon see that Steeple Bumpleigh is brewing with danger for our stalwart hero. While Jeeves must aid Bertie's Uncle Percy in a top secret business deal of the highest importance, it is Bertie's mission to help his old friend Boko Fittleworth in securing the hand of Uncle Percy's ward in marriage. Unfortunately, neither endeavor goes according to plan, and before you know it Bertie has managed to burn down his uncle's cottage, get himself re-engaged to the horrid Florence, and incur the wrath of the local police constable. It will take all of Jeeves' considerable brainpower to save Bertie from certain doom.

This was another thoroughly enjoyable installment in the series. Wodehouse has a way of playing with words that is both humorous and clever, and it never fails to make me laugh!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jeeves in the Morning.

Quotes Liz Liked

P.G. Wodehouse
“When a girl uses six derogatory adjectives in her attempt to paint the portrait of the loved one, it means something. One may indicate a merely temporary tiff. Six is big stuff.”
P.G. Wodehouse, Jeeves in the Morning