Januario's Reviews > A Midsummer Night's Dream

A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare

Jun 10, 2009

bookshelves: 2008-2009

As a book written by Shakespeare, I first thought that this book would be hard to analyze and understand. But because of the notes on the left-hand pages of the book, I was able to understand the meaning of old English words that Shakespeare used. This romantic book revolves around the conflicts of lovers. Lysander and Hermia love each other, but Demetrius is forced to marry Hermia. However, a young lady named Helena does not agree of their marriage because she has feelings for Demetrius. Personally, I think Demetrius and Helena would make a cute couple if they actually liked each other. The relationship between the two of them brings out common situations in life. People often say "I want to be loved," but when the time comes that somebody says "I love you," they run away. After reading this book, I learned to take love seriously. You never know who will really love you, or who you would fall in love with. Whether it is unrequited or returned love, it is never too late to show love to others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Midsummer Night's Dream.