Carolyn C.'s Reviews > Sarah's Quilt

1205801
Jun 11, 09

Recommended for: To Anyone
Read in June, 2009, read count: Once

Love, love, loved this book. It is a sequel to "These is My Words" which, by the way, could never be "out done!" That's why I gave Sarah's Quilt 4 stars instead of 5!! I gave myself several months after finishing TisMW before starting this next book in the series...I needed time to "heal!!":) I'm really glad for the time between as it helped to avoid comparisions.

Living in the often times harsh country of Arizona and owning a copy of my GG Grandmother's jounal (written while she, as a pioneer in the 1800's crossed the plains and helped settle Northern Arizona) has really made these books come alive for me. I felt such connection with Sarah Elliot on many different levels. I felt the sweat of the oppressive heat, smelled the animals, could feel the grit in my eyes and teeth...and totally related to her fierce loyalty to her family...and her "tough love" in raising her children. I felt her angst as she lost, mourned and "let go." There were some great lessons on forgiveness and taking a stand for "what's right." As soon as I started reading...her old time country use of words and expressions felt like putting on a pair of comfortable old shoes:)

Wonderful book!! Closed the cover of this one *sigh* and immediately started the 3rd and final book of the series "The Star Garden." Give this series a try...it's adorable!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sarah's Quilt.